Last Updated: November 10, 2005
When you use Allegheny Creative’s services, we don’t want you to worry that we will misuse the information you share with us about yourself. It is important to us that all of our clients understand what information we gather about them, how we use it, and how we work to protect it. By using the Allegheny Creative service and this website, you consent to the information practices described in this policy. Keep in mind that your use of the Allegheny Creative service is also subject to, and controlled by, the Allegheny Creative Terms & Conditions.
Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity. When other information is linked to Personally Identifiable Information, it also becomes Personally Identifiable Information.
Allegheny Creative collects Personally Identifiable Information from you in several ways:
- When you register for the Allegheny Creative Service, we ask you for basic registration information, such as your name, company, address, email address, phone, fax, and other basic contact information (“Registration Information”).
- When you place an order or subscribe to a product through the Allegheny Creative service, we may collect the appropriate billing information, including your credit card number, expiration date, and billing address (“Billing Information”). This information is associated with your Registration Information in a database and will be kept for future purchases.
- We may ask you for voluntary personal information at other times, including but not limited to when you provide opinions, enter a contest or promotion, or report a problem with the Allegheny Creative service (“Optional Information”).
- When you submit a request for more information or assistance, Allegheny Creative will keep a record of the request and the manner in which it was processed (“Client Service Information”)
In addition to the collection of Personally Identifiable Information, we may also automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, your computer’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information. This information will not be not be associated with your Personally Identifiable Information.
Allegheny Creative will use email to communicate with clients. By using the Allegheny Creative service you agree to receive status notifications, a monthly newsletter, and carefully selected special offers and promotions for our services, or for third-party services Allegheny Creative believes could be of value to out clients. At no time will you receive more than two special offers a month and you are free to unsubscribe at anytime by using the unsubscribe link found on each promotional newsletter, or by contacting us and requesting to be unsubscribed. Allegheny Creative may or may not use a third party to send email, however, your personally identifiable information will never be disclosed or shared with another party without your explicit permission as required by law.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Allegheny Creative stores this Information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
Limits on Information Collection
We must have your Personally Identifiable Information in order for us to adequately provide you with the Allegheny Creative service.
Note that by limiting information collection, Allegheny Creative may not be able to provide you the same functionality or features as otherwise available (if such functionality or features rely on this information).
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each web site can send its own cookies to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) most browsers only permit a web site to access the cookies that the same web site has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Allegheny Creative may set and access our own cookies on your computer. Information stored by Allegheny Creative in cookies may be associated with your Personally Identifiable Information in order to identify you as a repeat visitor or client of the website, to maintain session information for logged in users, and to track usage trends and patterns in order to better understand and improve areas of our website.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
In general, we will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent. If we seek your consent to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party, we will do so unambiguously, explaining precisely what information we seek to disclose, the entity to whom we wish to disclose it, and the purpose for the disclosure.
There are, however, some limited circumstances in which we may need to disclose Personally Identifiable Information about a user, and we want you to know about them:
- We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing client service, sending mail, processing credit card payments, or other functions necessary to our business. We may need to share your Personally Identifiable Information to these companies. However, we will provide them with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and will not allow them to use that information for any other purpose.
- We may reveal a user’s identity (or whatever information we know about that individual) if we believe that user is harming or interfering with other Allegheny Creative users, anyone else, or violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Terms & Conditions or infringing any of Allegheny Creative’s legal rights.
- Allegheny Creative will reveal information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to the extent it reasonably believes it is required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of any of your personally identifiable information we will, if permitted by law, attempt to notify you via the e-mail address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request.
- Allegheny Creative may transfer information it collects, including any Personally Identifiable Information, in connection with a sale of all or most of the assets of the company. Should your Personally Identifiable Information be transferred as the result of such sale, you will be notified via email.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Information
Anonymous Information is any information collected from you or by the Allegheny Creative service, other than Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregate information derived from Personally Identifiable Information.
Allegheny Creative may use Anonymous Information to improve the Allegheny Creative website and service, to monitor traffic and general usage patterns, and for other general business purposes.
Allegheny Creative may disclose Anonymous Information to third parties for a variety of business reasons, including to publishers to inform them as to what content is appealing to their readers, to advertisers to inform them of the usage habits or characteristics of the interested audience, and to potential investors so that they may better understand Allegheny Creative’s user base, etc.
Anonymous Information will not include any Personally Identifiable Information and Allegheny Creative will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information except as expressly stated elsewhere in this policy.
Changing or Removing Information
Allegheny Creative wants to ensure that you have appropriate control over your Personally Identifiable Information. You can change your Registration or client Information, by contacting us.
If at any time you would like to delete your Registration Billing Information you can contact us. After receiving your request, such information will be deleted assuming (i) you are current with all payment obligations; (ii) Allegheny Creative does not believe it is reasonably necessary to keep such information for any pending legal action; and (iii) we are under no other legal obligation to retain such information. If such information is deleted, however, any unfulfilled subscriptions will be canceled without refund and you will have to re-register with Allegheny Creative in order to use the Allegheny Creative service.
Since Anonymous Information is by its very nature non-personally identifying, we have no way to locate Anonymous Information obtained by your use of the service. In addition, Anonymous Information is often aggregated. Therefore, we cannot remove Anonymous Information obtained from you or as a result of your usage of the website or service.
We employ reasonable and current security methods to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information.
Your personal data will be stored within a database that is located behind a firewall for added security. The server housing the database is physically protected at a secure, third party site.
No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Any transmission to the Allegheny Creative website or service of Personally Identifiable Information and credit card information uses SSL encryption.
Other Web Sites
This web site may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Allegheny Creative. Please be aware that we, Allegheny Creative, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this web site.
The Allegheny Creative service is not directed to children (persons under the age of 13), and we do not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personally identifiable information from children.